Light-weight aviation headset
- The Airman 7 features a high-quality amplified electret microphone for clear voice transmission.
- A strong stainless steel headband with metal pivots improves durability for long headset life. The new microphone boom design provides stronger rotation stops, utilizing the full diameter of the ear cup. Furthermore, a pre-coiled overhead cord has been added to extend the useful life of the headset. The main headset cord is also more robust and features an improved design of the band relief on the ear cup entrance.
Comfort and Fit
- The soft headband pad and lightweight design provides comfort, even on long flights. An added yoke provides enhanced comfort by allowing ear cup movement in all directions. Furthermore the Airman 7 comes with replaceable ear cup covers and optional leatherette ear cushions.
- An acoustic limiter protects users against sudden increases in sound levels
FAA TSO Approval
- The Airman 7 headset is fully FAA TSO C-139a compliant.
- The Airman 7 is fully compliant to ARINC (Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated) requirements.
- The Airman 7 is available in single-sided, dual-sided and headphone configurations.
|Impedance||150-600 Ω (±20%)|
|Speaker Sensitivity||92 – 98 SPL/ mW @ 1 kHz ±5 dB|
|Speaker Frequency Response||350 Hz – 3.5 kHz|
|Microphone Sensitivity||-28 dB re 1 V/Pa @ 1 kHz, 12 V|
|Cord Length||~6 ft. (1.8 m)|
|FAA TSO Approvals||C-139a approved|
|Weight||~2.5-3.3 oz (70.9-94 g)|
|Connector Type||PJ-068 & PJ-055 equivalent or XLR-5-12C|
|Airman 7 & 8 EC Letter of Conformity||194KB||Feb 6, 2020|
|Airman 7 & 8 FAA Approval||415KB||Feb 6, 2020|
|Airman 7 Technical Data Sheet||EN||509KB||Jan 28, 2020|
|Airman 7 Flyer||EN||134KB||Sep 25, 2019|
|Airman 7 Technical Manual||EN||1.4MB||Jan 28, 2020|
|Headset Cleaning Memo||84KB||Jun 12, 2020|
|Telex Aviation Airman Family Headset Chart||1.67MB||Aug 10, 2020|