Minimal weight aviation headset with durability, comfort and 24 dB of passive noise reduction
DesignDesign focus on maximum noise reduction with minimum weight. The boom and earcup mountings are also used as the cord entrances to minimize the number of openings in the earcups. The size and shape of the earcups is optimized for broad-spectrum noise reduction. As a result, even the hard-to-manage low frequency noises are better attenuated.
- Unlike some other headset designs, the microphone boom on the Air 3500 mounts to the bottom of the earcup rather than to the side. This assures unobstructed peripheral vision.
Quick-Set Pressure Settings
- Three quick-set headset pressure settings let the user select the comfort/noise attenuation setting based on the amount of aircraft noise and personal comfort requirements. Dual-eccentric tension adjustment knobs allow the user to quickly and easily dial-in the desired setting. No tools are required for adjustment.
- The Air 3500 features a comfortable foam-filled headband pad and ear cushions. The headband pad evenly distributes the headset weight, with no pressure points for maximum wearer comfort. The ear cushions combine comfort and light weight with excellent acoustic seal. An outer urethane layer ensures long life. All cushions are field-replaceable.
- The microphone boom and microphone assembly may be worn on either side of the head. Users are able to control the volume in each ear with the separate volume controls for each ear.
- Cadmium-bronze wire and tapered strain reliefs ensure long cord life. Polypropylene insulation over wires and urethane jacket for maximum durability. Shielded wire is used throughout for RFI and EMI protection.
The Air 3500 Headset is a passive noise attenuating headset that demonstrates Telex’s commitment to provide the maximum possible hearing protection in noisy aircraft cockpits. The engineering staff at Telex has been able to maximize the amount of hearing protection provided by the Air 3500, while at the same time minimizing weight. The headband has also been carefully designed to assure wearer comfort on long flights. The Air 3500 is available in versions for fixed-wing and helicopter use.